Version 1.8.8 April 29, 2020
- Added Cs-131 to the menu of brachytherapy radionuclides.
- Fixed a bug involving the recently added 'Other' radionuclide half-life preference setting and also added an RBE preference setting for the 'Other' radionuclide.
Version 1.8.7 April 4, 2020
- Added Ru-106 to the menu of brachytherapy radionuclides.
- Added an 'Other' option to the menu of brachytherapy radionuclides with a user customizable half-life value in localization preferences.
- Corrected the mouseover informational text for a checkbox in localization preferences.
Version 1.8.6 November 14, 2019
- Fixed a rounding error bug in calculating treatment total days that was introduced in 1.8.2.
Version 1.8.3 November 5, 2019
- Revised the MacOS installer to work with MacOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Fixed bug in calculating treatment gap days introduced in 1.8.2.
- Fixed bug in the calendar window year text field that prevented typing some dates
Version 1.8.2 October 22, 2019
- Revised many graphics and controls to support MacOS "Dark" mode.
- Added a user preference to allow keeping the database and other support files somewhere other than in the same folder the application resides in.
Version 1.8.1 October 21, 2019
- Initial testing with MacOS 10.15 Catalina and Windows 10 appears OK.
- MacOS now requires a separate installer pkg to meet Catalina security requirements.
- Recompiled under Xojo 2019r2 as a 64-bit application for MacOS and Windows PCs.
- Xojo 2019r2 has completely changed its date class API requiring a significant rewrite of many TDF functions.
- This may introduce date rounding differences in some calendar calculations that we are testing for asap.
- The entire project was updated use only Xojo 2019r2 recommended APIs
- The MacOS version is now hardened and notarized for Catalina using AppWrapper 3
- Fixed bug in preferences that prevented selecting a custom local database (.sqlite) file.
Version 1.8.0 July 6, 2018
- Initial testing with MacOS 10.13.5 High Sierra and Windows 10 appears OK.
- Recompiled using Xojo 2018 Release 1.1 as a 64-bit application for both MacOS and Windows.
- Added a holidays file for South Africa.
Version 1.7.9 April 27, 2018
- Fixed a bug that prevented the SQLite database from updating properly.
- Recompiled using Xojo 2018 Release 1.
Version 1.7.8 September 11, 2016
- Updated user guide Incomplete Course page for the new makeup wizard.
- Revised the user interface and behavior of the makeup course wizard to include its own dedicated calculator (instead of exporting settings to the ESC). The course autosequence calculator is now disabled in favor of the user explicitly specifying the makeup regimen start date. The original treatment schedule, gaps and repopulation settings of the target course are now maintained in the makeup calculation.
- Updated holiday files through 2025.
- Recompiled using Xojo 2016 Release 2.1.
Version 1.7.7 June 17, 2015
- Revised application icon with some larger sizes for better appearance on OSX.
- Recompiled using Xojo 2015 Release 2.2.
Version 1.7.6 April 2, 2015
- Revised handling of missing and inaccessible file IOExceptions throughout the entire program.
- Much more reliable startup of new installations.
- Now works with Windows 8.1.
- Added the VisualC++ 2013 library (.dll) installers for Windows OS to the download in case they are needed.
Version 1.7.5 March 16, 2015
- Recompiled using Xojo version 2015 r1.
- More robust handling of missing files at startup.
- Fixed window positioning bug at startup on small screens.
- Running on Windows 8.1 there may still be unresolved issues with accessing the visual c++ dll libraries at startup , try manually installing the libraries per MS recommendations...
Version 1.7.4 December 25, 2014
- Recompiled using Xojo version 3.1, improved appearance under OSX 10.10 Yosemite.
- Replaced deprecated Xojo file opening, saving and text streaming APIs with current versions.
- Removed some unused code and variables.
- Updated information in the about window, removed dead link to the obsolete USC Rad. Onc. server.
- Updated user guide in download to current version.
Version 1.7.3 November 4, 2014
- TDFPlan now initializes in a standard window configuration.
- Revised window initialization to eliminate the problematic windowstates file.
Version 1.7.2 October 17, 2014
- Acute BED now supports negative values when repopulation so dictates.
- When calculating repopulation based on the elapsed time between the first and last fraction instead of using the actual number of treatment course days (Tx), the elapsed time (Tx-1) is now shown in brackets next to the number of treatment days.
- Fixed a bug in version 1.7.0 involving date displays when elapsed time is used for repopulation.
Version 1.7.0 October 16, 2014
- Recompiled with Xojo2014 release 2.1.
- Fixed a bug in treatment BED calculations that involved gaps between multiple sequential courses when repopulation corrections were enabled.
- Added an option to the repopulation biology window to calculate repopulation based on the elapsed time between the first and last fraction instead of using the number of treatment course days.
- Added a new repopulation entry to the biology file to support the RCR_BFCO examples.
Version 1.6.0 June 24, 2014
- Recompiled with Xojo2014 release 1.1.
- Recompiled as Cocoa application for OSX 10.7 and beyond.
- Fixed bug that didn't initialize the calendar properly in OSX Cocoa version.
- Fixed bug that disabled the database window menu selection in the calendar window.
- Revised database file name extension from from .rsd to .sqlite to work with current operating systems.
Version 1.5.9 Dec 18, 2012
- Changed window location initializations to work with Windows 7.
- Updated calendar holiday files through 2016.
- Recompiled with RB2012 release 2.
Version 1.5.6 June 22, 2010
- Fixed a bug involving late effects repair.
- Recompiled with RB2010 release 2.1.
Version 1.5.5 Dec 7, 2009
- Fixed a bug when copying and pasting courses that caused the copied and pasted courses to always use the same start and end dates.
- Added a new "%Rx" term to simplify calculation of BED to a percentage of the prescription (Rx) dose. This makes calculation of late BED to organs (e.g. cord) near the target volume simpler to implement.
- Changed the former course "Rx dose/fraction" field to simply be the prescribed (Rx) fraction. Actual delivered dose per fraction is now calculated (and displayed) as dose/fraction = [(RxFraction * %Rx) / %Isodose] cGy.
- Expanded ESC calculator functions.
- Added a "wizard" to manage the ESC for simple makeup courses.
- Added ability to flag a course's BEDn cell in the IMR spreadsheet as the intended course for makeup calculations.
- Misc. user interface, button and menu appearance tweaks.
- User guide updates.
- Recompiled with RB2009 release 5.
Version 1.5.3 Oct 2, 2009
- Recompiled with RB2009 release 4.
- Misc small updates, also revised the timing of when window locations are saved to when a window closes rather than when it moves. This may fix an occasional issue where the file TDFWindowsStates gets corrupted when running on the XP operating system and the program erroneously thinks the windows were off screen somewhere when the program was last closed.
Version 1.4.9 Mar 14, 2009
- Added ability to reinitialize all preference files.
- Updated user guide.
Version 1.4.8 Feb 19, 2009
- Fixed a bug related to using single quotes in names.
Version 1.4.6 Feb 12, 2009
- Fixed display bugs related to the old style TDF calculation (no changes to LQ).
- Improved user interface for demo and expired demo license.
- Recompiled using latest RB 5.1 development release.
- Added NTCP calculations and plots.
- Added a Help menu to the menu bar.
- Added calculation for recovery from late reactions.
- Updated the TDFBiology.txt and TDFTolerance.txt files in the TDFData folder to support factors for recovery from late reactions.
- Added gamma/alpha ratios to the TDFBiology.txt file.
- Formula display now shows LQ-L formula when used.
- Added a field and checkbox to enable custom gamma/alpha ratios or the option to constrain gamma to be the tangent to the LQ curve at DT.
- Added independent values of LQ-L parameters for acute and late reactions enabling mixed mode calculations.
- Added customizations to the graphs window that were used to prepare the LQ-L manuscript for Medical Physics.
- Updated some parts of the user guide.
- Recompiled under latest RB2008-R3 release, the Windows version now puts its .dll files in a folder named "TDFPlan Libs".
- Fixed a problem in the Windows OS version when using the title bar close control to quit the program that could leave a process running.
- Added preferences to manually set the local and remote database file names (just leave these preference fields blank to use the defaults).
- Added holidays files for Norway and Sweden.
- Minor adjustments to the graphing colors.
- User guide updates.
- Improved LQ-LDT user interface for high dose fractions.
- Added ability to overlay survival plots onto scanned images and various other enhancements to the graphing capabilities needed to generate manuscript figures.
- Improved LQ-LDT model for high dose fractions.
- Biology data file updated to relect LQ-L improvements.
- Minor cosmetic refinements to user interface.
- Cosmetic improvement to documents:
- Symbol font works again on MacOSX 10.5
- BED doses are subscripted with the alpha/beta value instead of being in ().
- LQ-L transition dose DT is listed in documents.
- Color changes to plots are now saved.
- Added SBRT support. A default and per course threshold dose (e.g. 20.0 Gy) for transition from LQ to Linear (LQ-LDT) model can be specified to better model very high dose fractions for the SBRT, SRS and HDR modalities. (The EBRT modality always uses the classic LQ model for all fraction sizes.)
- Fixed document headers to include resident’s name.
- Fixed a crashing bug in the biology settings dialog when clicking the copy to all courses button.
- Revised the Preferences user interface to allow for future expansion.
- Added a Tx days per week preference setting.
- Added normal tissue tolerance dose table.
- Shortened the timeout for version update checks via internet to 30 seconds (you should disable these checks entirely in preferences if you lose internet connection).
- Added a course comparison document option. This new document provides a succinct side-by-side comparison of BED calculations for “included” IMR courses. Use this document to compare potential course fractionation choices.
- Added a holiday file for Lithuania.
- Fixed calendar to hilite holidays that occur on disabled treatment days.
- Fixed document to fully display “Ellis” type TDF calculations
(document had assumed LQ in some places).
- Added an undo changes button to the licensing window.
- Added preference to automatically check for updates at startup or manually from the “About TDF Plan...” window.
- Added ability to customize the treatment week on a per course basis. The default treatment week is now set in preferences and would, for example, usually be M-F checked and Saturday and Sunday unchecked. Each new course is initialized to this preference setting. To completely customize a course weekly schedule, in the course calendar, select the course, set the Tx days/wk menu to 7 (setting days/wk to 7 disables the built-in assumptions that Saturday and Sunday are Tx holidays) and then manually enable/disable the days of the week to be used for that course’s treatment from the adjacent checkboxes.
- Courses can now be more quickly “included” or “excluded” using checkboxes in the IMR and Calendar course lists.
- Changed the label “Max dose/fraction” to be simply “Dose/fraction” in the printed documents. This value is the Rx dose/fraction modified by the isodose line prescribed to, so the value would only represent a max when the % isodose is less than 100%.
- Disabled course list sorting as it just confuses the listing when values change.
- Added holiday files for England, Italy, India and Spain.
- Changed the concomitant course indicator to differentiate between sequential, overlapping and concomitant courses.
- User selectable font & size for calendars.
- Various user interface & appearance tweaks.
- Recompiled for MacOSX and Windows with RB 2007 release 5.
- Added Japanese holidays.
- Added support for UTF-8 holiday files (Mac OSX).
- Changed behavior of scheduled email to send email only when there are patients to report about.
Return to: TDF Plan