Version 6.5.3 5/14/2017
- Added ability to rebuild the PSpatients.sqlite database from the Find Patient window. Rebuilding first backs up the existing PSpatients.sqlite database as xPSpatients.sqlite (you can manually delete xPSpatients later or keep it as a backup). Next, a new PSpatients.sqlite database is created. The rebuild then searches your Plaque Simulator Patients folder for all treatment plan (.iplan6) files, opens each treatment plan, and copies the pertinent data into the database. This process requires several seconds per treatment plan so a complete rebuild can take a long time.
- Added ability to clean the PSpatients.sqlite database from the Find Patient window. Cleaning attempts to repair broken treatment plan file URLs by searching the Plaque Simulator Patients folder for the file and removes database entries for which the plans can not be found or repaired. You may need to clean or update the PSpatients.sqlite database if you have moved or reorganized any treatment plan files since they were last saved.
- Print job names now automatically append the active plaque index and model name when more than one plaque is loaded with seeds on the assumption that the user is comparing alternative plans.
- Added ability to individually enable collimation by the 6 faces of an EP plaque's source slot. Historically all faces of a slot rhombohedron except the rectangular opening in the plaque face were assumed to be collimating surfaces. This new capability enables the design of plaques with dosimetric "windows" other than in the plaque face but it is currently limited to dosimetry calculations and can not yet be exported for 3D printing.
- Added a histogram calculation button as a convenience to the histogram window tool bar.
- Added a new histogram menu to the main menubar with an item for histogram export to .tsv file (this new item exports the histogram currently displayed in the window and names the file for the patient, plaque and histogram type. The similar item in the document menu exports the currently displayed histogram document with a simplified file name).
- Fixed bug in 2nd dose histogram (DVH) menu parameters validations.
- To better model ciliary tumors, added support for tumors with negative heights. A negative apex height indicates a tumor that grows outward from the inner sclera or the geometric extension of the inner scleral surface under the cornea.
- Added a new parameter to the Rx window dose table sheet which reverses the direction of the Tumor AXis. The standard tumor axis projects a line from the center of the tumor base towards the tumor apex. Reversing the tumor axis projects the line from the apex towards the base.
- Added "av." prefix to Rx window table units when dose rate units, either cGy/hr or mGy/min, have been selected for the window in order to clarify that the displayed dose rate is the total dose divided by the implant duration in either hours or minutes.
- Added a treatment planner's private notes parameter to the institution group presets. Information in this field is not included in any printed documentation. Use this field to save reminders regarding a group's plaque or radionuclide preferences or any other requirements.
Version 6.5.2 4/21/2017
- Updated user guide to 6.5.2.
- Added total surface area calculations for COMS and ROPES style plaque shells and seed carriers (in addition to Eye Physics style plaques) to support sterlization questions. Surface area is displayed near the top of the optional Plaque document.
- Fixed a bug that limited plaque overlay opacity to 15% in the plaque document.
- Added new plaque filename tag -lc to indicate a limbus curved plaque such as the models 2028, 2335 and 2339. Plaques with the -lc tag appear in green hued text in the menus.
- Added ability to create both solid and wire-frame style suture templates to the lip editor window.
- Fixed a bug that allowed treatment plans and plaques (which are stored as UNIX packages and therefore can also be interpreted as folders containing image files) to be dragged and dropped onto the image window. Treatment plans should be dropped onto the setup window, plaques should be dropped onto the plaque window.
- The active radionuclide inventory selection now automatically readjusts to the most probable source (either the most recently used inventory ID for that plaque, or if not available, the most common inventory ID found in the plaque) when switching between plaques in single plaque mode. Makes comparing alternative plaque loading options more efficient.
- In the plaque loading window, source and inventory info now appear in red text if the the source name or the current inventory name do not match the patient name.
- Image size dimensions in the image window status line now appear in red text if the dimensions are < 300 or > 1200 pixels (can set the thresholds in image preferences).
- Added an image resize item and associated dialogue sheet to the menu bar's Image menu. You can now quickly reduce images with large dimensions to more efficient sizes in order to reduce memory usage, file size, and accelerate image processing functions within PS6 rather than having to reduce the image size (e.g. using Photoshop) prior to loading an image. PS6 works best with images whose dimensions range between 500 and 1000 pixels.
- Added a plaque file for the 2nd generation EP1925 plaque. This is the original manually prototyped deep slotted plaque from circa 1997. There are only two of this model plaque available for rental. A good plaque for medium to tall tumors with base diameters of 10 to 12 mm centered near the equator.
- Plaque file packages can now include a custom menu icon. Menu icons should be 16x16 pixels with a transparent background. Add an icon via drag and drop in the plaque naming sheet.
- Added image overlay (e.g. ultrsound b-scans US1 or US2) capability to the tumor shape sheet to help with creating mushroom shaped tumor cross-sections.
- Added preference setting to enable/disable installing preferred group presets at startup.
- Added the option to overlay isodose lines on calibrated ultrasound images as well as the CT and MR images.
- Added Rx dose and implant duration as new group preset parameters.
- Added alerts to automatically adjust the prescription window table when switching between plaque Central Axis (CAx) and Tumor Axis (TAx) Rx points.
Version 6.5.1 3/29/2017
- Updated user guide to 6.5.1.
- The t-coronal image eye tool now operates semi-independently from the equator image tool. Changes to the t-coronal tool no longer affect the equator diameter or rotation and the t-coronal inner scleral edge is scaled to the t-coronal tool diameter. Changes to the equator image eye tool angle are now automatically propagated to the t-coronal image eye tool and the t-coronal tool diameter is reset to the equator diameter whenever the equator diameter is changed.
- Added email subject prefix and subject anonymization to institutional presets.
Version 6.5.0 3/26/2017
- Updated user guide to 6.5.0.
- Changes to the equator image eye tool angle are now automatically propagated to the t-coronal image eye tool.
- Fixed a bug in the tumor DVH method introduced in version 6.4.9 so that it now works for tumor bases drawn in either a CW or CCW direction.
- Fixed some cosmetic issues for DVH (not RDAH) legends and tables.
- Revised the layout and added some features to the histogram preferences pane.
- Added the lens volume as a new DVH option (in addition to the prior tumor volume and entire eye).
- Added the Basic preferences Dosimetry group settings (meridian plane, coronal plane, retina, histogram 1 and histogram 2) to patient files.
- Added a second complete dose histogram object which defaults to DVH so that both RDAH and DVH may now be calculated and plotted in the treatment plan document.
- Revised the Sparkle updater appcast file to now always direct the user to the Eye Physics web site where they can download the most recent installer rather than attempt in-app updates.
Version 6.4.9 3/15/2017
- Recompiled with Sparkle 1.17.0 (in-app update framework).
- Revised the tumor volume and DVH (point in polyhedron) calculations to support a more robust range of shapes including non convex polyhedrons such as the new constant thickness tumor geometry. Earlier versions only worked correctly for convex polyhedrons.
- Added optional constant thickness and truncated cone tumor geometries. These are accessed from a new contextual menu attached to the retinal diagram's tumor peak button and can be fine tuned from the mushroom button's custom tumor sheet.
- Fixed display of inventory IDs in log messages to also display in hexidecimal.
- Increased the displayed resolution of dose rate constant in the source inspector from 3 to 4 decimal places.
Version 6.4.7 1/27/2017
- Updated user guide to 6.4.7.
- Added an Applescript automator utility to help with resetting MacOS security permissions to allow apps "from anywhere" (ie not downloaded from Apple's app store) to be installed on MacOS 10.12 Sierra.
- Revised the installer app to not delete the database files during a new install.
- Added 2 additional user definable contact persons to the institution preset library and preferences.
- Added the complete set of 44 HUH plaque models to the Plaque Simulator Data/(Hidden Support Files)/(Plaques)/HUH Plaques folder and their pictures to the Plaque Simulator Data/(Hidden Support Files)/(Plaque Pictures)/HUH Plaques folder.
- Moved some slot editor window buttons to a toolbar and added a plaque selector.
- Plaque window edit menu slot+seed copy & paste is now the default. Copies selected slots (and their seeds if loaded) or all slots if none are selected.
- Plaque window edit menu seed only copy & paste now requires command key.
- Changed inventory ID numbers to display in hex format instead of integer.
- Added the currently selected inventory ID to the plaque window status line in addition to the inventory name in case inventory database entries share a common name.
- Added license logo to lower right corner of documents if a custom logo is used.
- Added an option for plaques to use lower resolution 3D dose matrices which are faster to calculate. The default 3D matrix (now considered as high resolution) is 71x71x71 points distributed nonuniformly, the points being more densely packed near the plaque center. Medium (61x61x61) and low (41x41x41) resolution 3D matrices, also with nonuniform point spacing characteristics, are now supported. The matrix resolution is selected from the plaque menu and the setting is saved with the plaque file. Plaque files that do not include a 3D matrix resolution parameter simply default to using the high resolution matrix setting.
- Added an option to the plaque export menu to export 3D dose matrices as text files, one point per line in the format x,y,z,dose (units = mm,mm,mm,cGy). A preference setting selects between plaque coordinates (default) or eye coordinates which account for the location and orientation of the plaque on the eye.
- Added toolbars and plaque selector controls to the 3D Setup, Institution, Patient ID and Implant Calculator windows.
- Moved the Calc 2D Matrices button to the new toolbar in the Implant Calculator window.
- Fixed bug where institutional preset fields were not all being cleared before reloading an existing planning file.
- Fixed a bug in the 2D Dosimetry window where the Calc 2D Matrices button was not being disabled when the plaque was empty.
- Added checkboxes to select one or more persons in the Institution window and buttons (also Edit menu items) which cut, copy, paste and clear person(s) within and between institutional presets. A single selection can be cut, copied, cleared and then pasted into a different selection within a preset or in another preset. Multiple selections can be cut, copied, cleared and then pasted into another preset.
Version 6.4.6 12/23/2016
- IMPORTANT: If you are updating from a version prior to 6.4.6: All of the included plaque file names have been revised for version 6.4.6. Therefore, be sure to do a full install (rather than an update) and enable the installer checkbox labeled 'When performing a full install, preserve an existing Plaque Simulator Folder by renaming it'. After the new full installation of PS6, manually drag any of your locally customized files (e.g. plaques, physics, legends, colors and so on) from the your old PS6 folder (which has been renamed 'xPlaque Simulator Folder') to the equivalent location in the newly created plaque simulator folder. You can then delete the older (now renamed) PS6 folder.
- Updated user guide to 6.4.6.
- Fixed potential user interface bugs in some Rx point dialogue sheets.
- Added preference settings for the local user guide folder and online URL.
- Added direct user guide information link buttons to most PS6 windows and dialogue sheets. These small blue info buttons can be hidden by a preference setting.
- Added and revised some plaque menu icons.
- Added a menu of rentable plaques.
- Revised and expanded plaque file naming conventions. PS6 can now determine additional plaque properties from just the file name. Eye Physics now suggests using these naming conventions for plaque files: (see user guide for greater detail)
- The file name should begin with the model (e.g. EP917,EP2029, COMS14).
- Add -e to indicate the plaque shape is approximately elliptical.
- Add -g to indicate a gold seed carrier (e.g. the Paul Finger plaques).
- Add -n to indicate a notched plaque, use -wn for a wide notch (e.g. model 917), -dn for a deep notch (e.g. models 930 and 933). Plaques tagged as being notched appear in blue text in the plaque rentals and files menus to make finding them easier.
- Add -## to indicate the nominal equatorial diameter (in mm) of the eye that the plaque conforms to.
- Add _## to indicate the % ratio of the minor to major axes of the oblate anterior hemisphere of the eye that the plaque conforms to.
- Add -p to indicate the file includes an embedded picture of the plaque face.
- Add -f to indicate a fast ray tracing model with reduced tesselation and/or disabled shell collimation.
- Add -r to indicate a rentable plaque.
- A complete file name might be EP2029-n-24_95-p-f-r.iplq6 or COMS14-p-r.iplq6.
- The file tag .iplq6 will be added automatically when the file is saved.
- Updated all plaque files to the latest version and file naming conventions. If a plaque is in production, its file will almost always include an embedded picture of the plaque face, indicated by the tag -p in the file name. Many, but not all, existing plaques are available to rent through IsoAid. The old 1980s era USC plaques are NOT available for rent. Neither are the BEBIG, ROPES or most special order COMS variants. The file name tag -r indicates a rentable plaque.
- Added a direct web page link in the Help menu to a list of the plaque models currently available for rent from IsoAid.
- Disabled direct access to EP plaque models that are not yet in production, you must now option-click the menu item to access these models.
- Added warning messages for plaque models that may not yet be in production, available to rent, or in stock at your institution. You can disable these warning messages related to these parameters in plaque loading preferences.
- Added "in production", "rentable" and "in stock" parameters to plaque files which indicate that a plaque is currently in production, it is available for rental from IsoAid and/or is available for use at your institution. These parameters are set in the Plaque Name dialogue sheet of the Plaque Loading window.
- Added plaque, linestyle and overlay controls to the histogram window toolbar. You can now simultaneously change the linestyle for all of a plaque's histogram curves with a popup single menu selection, and more easily overlay and compare histograms for rival plaque designs.
- Added the current patient name to the inventory window 'new' button title.
- Added fovea region dose histogram (a subset of the macula dose histogram).
- Modal dialog sheets are now passed PS dispatch update messages by their parent windows.
- Fixed bug where the wrong tumor axis (TAx) height could be used when independent Rx points were enabled and the plaques used different Rx heights.
- Fixed label updater for the physics window dose rate constant field when radionuclide is a beta source.
- Fixed incorrect labeling of each plaque's Rx point in overlayed histograms.
- Revised term licensing code to allow both current and future year term licenses, e.g. allows a term license good through the end of 2017 to be installed during 2016 rather than having to wait until 1/1/17 to be installed.
Version 6.4.5 11/30/2016
- Updated user guide to 6.4.5.
- Split the former menu bar Window menu into two parts; a PSWindows menu which now accesses only PS windows and a conventional Window menu which provides the MacOS Window menu functions. This was desirable due to the MacOS now adding so many automatic extensions to its Window menu.
- Added a dedicated histogram window in addition to the document version.
- Improved histogram document legend & overlay formats.
- Added option to plot a differential histogram as well as cumulative. Histogram document #2 now defaults to a differential plot and legend and table pages for histogram #2 can now be printed and exported.
- Added an experimental histogram quality factor (Q) calculation to the optional histogram legends page. Calculates the area under each RDAH curve for (dose < Rx) and for (dose >= Rx) over the falling part of the curve, ie relative area (or dose) range (0% < Y <> 100%). The lower the Q value the steeper the curve is.
- Fixed bug where user preferences clinical preset dictionary setting to use a custom logo was not being initialized properly.
- Added preference setting for PSClinicPresets.plist home folder.
- Added physics file for model Ag100X seeds.
- Added option to image ruler properties to hide the distance text.
- Added date performed fields to the user guide QA/commissioning procedure page.
Version 6.4.4 11/7/2016
- Fixed a bug in which a tumor perimeter being digitized on the retinal diagram was not being corrected for circumferential warping even though the Diagram menu's Auto Correct Tumor item was enabled.
- Revised some slot depths in the EP933_24_90P plaque file by 0.1 mm.
- Added .tsv edit->copy and file export of POI data to document window menus.
- Added .tsv edit->copy and file export of dose profiles to document window menus.
- Revised the Sparkle updater SUFeedURL (found in the PS6 Info.plist) to use https to access the updater appcast file on www.eyephysics.com.
- Added a preference option to access the PS6 online user guide over https.
- The www.eyephysics.com website now supports secure http (https) access.
- Revised the installer "PS Install.app" to automatically copy the database files PSdatabase.sqlite, PSpatients.sqlite and PSClinicPresets.plist from an existing Plaque Simulator Folder (if one exists, the installer will preserve it by renaming it as xPlaque Simulator Folder) into the new Plaque Simulator Folder when performing a full install.
- Added an option for a black background theme to the movie window. This preset theme overrides the current preference settings for setup window background, muscle label and eyelet label colors.
- Fixed a bug where a custom setup window background color preference (e.g. a non white color) was not being respected in documents and movies.
- Fixed a very minor bug in the plaque name sheet. When entering a plaque standard type value from the keyboard and then clicking the sheet OK button to exit the sheet before using the return key to accept the newly edited value, the changed value was not accepted. In general, the behavior of PS6 sheets is to force acceptance of values currently being edited when closing a sheet from the OK button.
- Added a synopsis movie to www.eyephysics.com illustrating the surgical procedure.
Version 6.4.3 10/4/2016
- Fixed a bug recognizing EyePhysics licenses that was introduced in 6.4.1 as part of removing the BEBIG licensing. IsoAid licenses were probably not affected.
- Added a suture template assistant to the lip editor window. This new feature automatically adjusts the shell thickness and the central hole "skip" radius for each spoke to a specified inset (e.g. 2 mm) from the plaque perimeter in order to create a "hollowed-out" suture template for a plaque. This 3D model can be used for 3D printing and/or to estimate the surface area of a suture template for cytotoxicity documentation.
Version 6.4.1 9/25/2016
- Works now with MacOS 10.12 Sierra
- Fixed a few code bugs discovered by XCode 8.
- Recompiled with XCode 8.0.
- Added the security DAS signature SUPublicDSAKeyFile key = dsa_pub.pem to the app Info.plist.
- Updated to Sparkle updater framework version 1.14.0.
- Updated Apple codesigning certficates.
- User guide additions and updates.
- Added a plaque surface area calculation to the plaque document for cytotoxicity documentation.
- Added an institutional preset option to automatically generate a reminder message in email and on the plaque loading document to include a lead-lined eye patch with plaque orders.
- Removed BEBIG limited licensing, all BEBIG plaque models are now automatically enabled for all licenses.
Version 6.4.0 8/29/2016
- User guide additions and updates.
- Added a preference option to include plaque location rotation angles (Z,Y,Tilt,Carrier) to the Tx plan.
- Added a button to the plaque location window which centers the currently active plaque under a selected user defined point of interest.
- Fixed a user interface bug in the points of interest window that prevented automatic selection of the point associated with a text field.
- Added automatic initialization of plaque location under the prefered tumor location at startup.
- Added model (and new patient) preference settings for startup tumor height (e.g. 5 mm), base diameter (e.g. 10.0 mm), shape (e.g. peak, dome, mushroom), base expansion margin (e.g. 2 mm), latitude (e.g. 90 deg) and longitude (e.g. 90 deg).
- Added preference setting and run time customizable scleral thickness (had been fixed at 1 mm, now can vary from 0.01 to 2.0 mm).
- Added high resolution dose histogram export & copy to clipboard in .tsv tabular format. For example, you can copy and paste the RDAH data into a spreadsheet now with the same dose increment resolution as the document graphs (1%) in addition to the option of printing a low resolution table as a treatment plan document page.
- Aded an explanatory text view to the PSLog window.
Version 6.3.9 8/14/2016
- User guide additions and updates.
- Fixed the installer (PS Install.app) program update button to properly recognize the PS6 application (now an OSX bundle) and to preserve the SQL databases (PSdatabase.sqlite and PSpatients.sqlite) and the institutional presets file (PSClinicPresets.plist) when performing a full PS6 update.
- Fixed a file naming bug when appending automatic treatment plan revision numbers to files that use custom filenames (instead of default filenames).
- Updated the QA document, its TSV export, and the example Excel QA spreadsheets (e.g QA_TSV_EP917_Template.xls) found in the (Hidden Support Files)/(Quality Assurance)/Excel Templates for TSV Data folder to include the geometry factor G(1,90) which removes geometry effects from the TG43 dose rate constant.
- Added a new physics option, enabled by default, which attempts to remove source geometry effects from the TG43 dose rate constant Λ in order to better match the definition of the source strength parameter used in the PS6 dosimetry formalism (see definition of S in Luxton et al IJROBP 1988). This correction results in a typical dosimetric change of 1/G(1cm,90°) = 1.007 for typical I-125 seeds.
Version 6.3.8 7/28/2016
- Fixed a bug in the printed document where planar dosimetry was sometimes not vertically flipping an overlaid MPR (e.g. CT) image to match the planar dosimetry window's image flip state.
Version 6.3.7 7/21/2016
- Improved plotting accuracy of skeletal spokes in the shell editor.
- Added model EP933_24_90.
- Added a bow start angle parameter to the plaque and lip editor. Bending of a radial skeletal spoke will begin at shell angles (latitudes) greater than the bow start angle relative to the plaque center (pole). This added parameter allows for more shell and face tesselation options when designing deeply notched plaques.
- Improved modeling of deeply notched plaques with bowed skeletal spokes.
- Fixed a cosmetic bug that prevented proper reinitialization of meridian and coronal MPR image visiblity in the 3D setup window when switching to a new patient.
- Added a workflow reminder alert when creating a new seed inventory before setting a plaque's implant schedule.
- Minor improvements to some window control descriptions.
Version 6.3.6 7/13/2016
- User guide additions and updates.
- Added a radionuclide source loading cursor mode to the retinal diagram window toolbar with the ability to load/unload seeds by clicking on seed placeholders in the retinal diagram window as well as in the plaque loading window.
- Added convenience buttons which calculate all 2D dosimetry and the histogram to the 2D planar dosimetry window, retinal diagram window and the implant calculator window.
- In the 2D planar dosimetry window, enabling the new automatic (live) Rx updating control in the toolbar (or holding down the option key while dragging the Rx point) will automatically rescale isodose lines and seed strengths in order to maintain the current Rx conditions while the Rx point (or a Rx POI) marker is being dragged. The dose histogram is also automatically updated. If the current Rx mode is a plaque or tumor axis distance then the dragged Rx point is constrained to the appropriate axis, otherwise the Rx mode is automatically changed to absolute coordinates mode at the beginning of the drag.
- Added an option to vertically flip overlaid images (e.g. CT) in the planar dosimetry window. Useful for synchonizing meridian and coronal superior direction when the meridian plane passes close to 6 and 12 o'clock.
- Added optional display of perimeter edge normals, bevels, radial spoke paths and node index numbers to the shell editor window.
- Fixed an initialization bug in the plaque perimeter rotation sheet of the shell editor window and added stepper and direction controls.
- Added revision number popup menu to patient ID window. File and printing names will automatically be tagged with the revision number.
- Added unique planID to each document. A planID prefix is now included in the institution presets. A unique timestamp is appended to the prefix when the program is launched and the timestamp is updated whenever the patient plan file is saved.
- Increased plaque file URL array from 64 to 128 entries.
- Fixed node ccw sorting bug when adding perimeter nodes to a notched plaque.
- Added drag and drop of patient files to the setup window and plaque files to the plaque loading window.
- Added a radiobiology page regarding Biologically Effective Dose (BED) and therapeutic ratio to the user guide.
- Added calculation of BED and therapeutic ratio for the prescribed target dose and selected plaque implant schedule to the implant calculator window. The calculation uses the linear quadratic formula for LDR brachytherapy.
- Added an optional calculation to the Tx plan document page 1 of the BED and therapeutic ratio actually delivered at the Rx point.
- Updated all physics files to include an RBE parameter for the radionuclide. The RBE parameter is required in order to calculate BED.
Version 6.3.5 6/12/2016
- Added realtime display of pole-disc distance to axial eye tool while dragging the disc hook.
- Added optional strength and slot index overlays for seeds and placeholders on retinal diagrams.
- Added a rotation angle display at the center of the equator & coronal image eye tools when the tool angle is not 0 degrees.
- Added plaque files for OHSU notched COMS plaques in (Hidden Support Files)/(Plaques)/OHSU Notched COMS Plaques.
- User guide updates.
Version 6.3.4 6/6/2016
- Added ability to customize the lip height of COMS plaques to support notches cut in the shell.
Version 6.3.3 5/16/2016
- Group preset professional titles and actions now propagate to the treatment plan document.
- Added email list message - option click on the email button in the institution window.
Version 6.3.2 4/21/2016
- Clicking the removal date calendar button in the Rx window now automatically primes the calendar sheet with the currently selected plaque's implant date + the user's preferred duration whenever the plaque's removal date is prior to the implant date.
- Made it easier to select a seed slot in the plaque loading window by revising the cursor proximity test to account for window magnification.
- Added plot and diagram options to label the panes of 2D dosimetry and retinal diagram windows with the plaque name in order to make side by side comparisons clearer.
- Added dimmed display of rulers to the non active panes of the 2D dosimetry and retinal diagram windows when in multi-pane modes.
- Updated the QA procedure page in the user guide to version 6.3.2.
- Updated the QA Check page in the user guide to include a TSV template example.
- Added example .TSV file QA spreadsheet templates (Excel) for the EP plaques to the installer. Paste the data copied from the QA document into these templates.
- Added to the Edit menu the ability to copy the QA document data to the OSX clipboard. The data is copied as Tab Separated Values (.TSV) suitable for pasting into an Excel spreadsheet, text editor or other 3rd party program.
- Added a new Document window menu with an item to export the QA document data as a Tab Separated Values (.TSV) formated file.
- Fixed bug where an image (e.g. a fundus image) was being retained in the patient .iplan6 package after it was subsequently cleared from the plan and the plan resaved.
- Added preference setting to suppress document printing of the meridian or coronal isodose plane.
- Added common Rx preference and Rx window's Rx menu option. When common Rx is enabled, changing a plaque's Rx setting will be propagated to all 4 plaques. When independent Rx is enabled each plaque maintains its own Rx as before.
- Revised document footer line to respect instituional planner type settings.
- Fixed a bug in the email template description of Rx location.
- Added the current Rx plaque index to the send email button in institution window.
- Added source type and total strength to email message.
- Fixed misaligned image size slider text in setup appearance window.
- Added an option to the plaque location window to flag the plaque location as unknown. Set the plaque location to unknown if you are calculating generic plaque dosimetry without any plaque or tumor locating information. When the plaque location is flagged as unknown, dose and distance calculations to ocular landmarks will be flagged as invalid in tables and documents. Auto-centering a plaque under a tumor of unknown location will automatically flag the plaque location as unknown as well.
- Added an option to the retina window std tumor sheet to flag the tumor location as unknown. Set the tumor location to unknown if you are calculating generic plaque dosimetry without any tumor locating information. When the tumor location is flagged as unknown, dose and distance calculations to ocular landmarks will be flagged as invalid in tables and documents.
Version 6.3.1 1/14/2016
- Updated the email utilites page of the user guide to include instructions for the get parent folder automator extension installer and added the required copyright statement to the readme file.
- Fixed some potential bugs when loading preference settings.
- Added alerts for missing preference settings. Missing preference settings, e.g. settings that are added by an application update, are initialized using default values. If you receive alerts after installing a software update, adjust the new settings to your liking in the preferences window and then click the save preferences button to update your preferences file to match the current application version.
Version 6.3.0 1/9/2016
- Plaques now include parameters indicating that they are notched, including the perimeter node index marking the center of symmetry of the notch. If this notch index parameter is set to -1, a notch index will be estimated automatically when the plaque file is loaded or when its shell is edited. The perimeter node marking the notch center can be customized in the shell editor window, lip editor window, or shell parameters sheet.
- Option-clicking when balancing a plaque, or when beginning to drag a plaque on the eye or retinal diagram, now balances any plaque with respect to the optic disc rather than the limbus. If the plaque is not notched, the perimeter edge opposite the eyelets will be used instead. Shift-clicking to begin a drag, or pressing the command or control keys during an in-progess drag, disables automatic balancing and enables manual rotation using the keyboard command and control keys for the remainder of the drag.
- Plaques that include the notch parameters which tag the plaque as being notched will automatically balance their notch around the optic disc (rather than balancing the eyelets to the limbus) as they are being dragged whenever the notch approaches the disc. The disc snap-to-notch threshold can be customized in preferences and on an individual plaque basis.
- Revised the PS6 installer .iplq6 files for notched plaques to include the new notch parameters and recommended settings.
- Extended red-yellow-green Rx color hints to the implant calculator display.
- Suture coordinates (clock hours vs toric degrees) in documents now match retinal diagram window preference.
- Moved editing of the labels for user definable patient information fields from the patient ID window over to the institution window because those labels are actually part of the institutional user group presets library which is managed from the institution window. The information the labels refer to is part of the patient file.
- Improved initialization of institutional presets at startup.
- Added custom logo to institutional presets dictionary.
- Added email recipient field to institutional presets dictionary.
- Added email subject field to institutional presets dictionary.
- Added a send email button to the Institution window. This button runs an applescript that launches the OSX Mail application and generates a new email message to all of the current institutional preset group recipients and which contains a brief plan summary message.
- Added bold titles to setup window appearance button states when enabled.
- Added additional alerts when attempting to calculate time or dose with an empty plaque.
- Added suture eylet-limbus collision detection and warnings.
- Added EP1719e_24 to plaque files.
- Added support for drag and drop of plaque image files to the shell editor window.
- Improved initialization of new eyelets created in the lip editor window.
- Fixed shell editor window zoom and resizing bugs under OSX 10.11 El Capitan.
- Replaced a deprecated date & time API call in the document footer.
- Revised all windows to use groups of individual radio buttons instead of cocoa radio button matrices per XCode guidance for apps designed for OSX 10.8 and later.
- Updated all plaque (.plq6) sample files distributed with the PS6 installation to initialize with opaque shells in the 3D setup window. Most had been initializing with transparent shells. It is now easy to temporarily make the shells transparent while dragging by right-clicking the mouse or force-clicking a force-touch trackpad during the drag. You can customize a plaque's initial transparency setting via the setup appearance window's plaque rendering menu before saving the .iplq6 plaque file.
- Added preference for % of printed page size that the document preview window initializes to. Had been fixed at 50%.
- Updated all modal alerts to eliminate deprecated APIs and constants.
- Movie captures no longer require idle rotation to be enabled so you can now make a movie of any manual activities involving the setup window except resizing the window during a movie capture.
- Fixed a potential crashing bug involving changing the autolayout engine from a background thread when completing a setup window movie capture while running on OSX 10.9 and later.
- Moved the setup window plaque design mode button from the bottom margin controls group to the upper right of the window to avoid accidental clicking during treatment planning sessions.
- Updated most treatment planning related windows so that when resigning key window status they read their text fields in case the user has typed in values but has not yet hit the return/enter key to actually accept the value.
- Changing a POI's mark color now automatically synchonizes the POI's text colors to match the mark color. To create POIs with text of different colors than the mark, select customize styles instead of, or after, changing the mark color using the color well in the POI naming window or sheet.
- Simplified the slot and lip editor user interfaces for propagating parameter changes to other slots and lip shaping nodes. Bumper controls now only change the currently selected slot or node. Parameter specific buttons invoke propagation. A modal alert is now displayed warning that you are about to change the properties of multiple slots or nodes.
- Revised the eyelet editor user interface to simplify changing the editor context to another eyelet.
- Added support for drawing source placeholders as a cylinder as well as a line. This greatly improves visual recognition of color changes associated with selected placeholders.
- Removed the redundant Ru plaque parameters from the shell editor parameters sheet. The BEBIG calibration window now handles all Ru related parameters.
- Added a lip cross section display to the lip editor window.
- Fixed an extraneous null message in the setup window status line.
- Added a preference setting to autocomplete 2 digit years entered into datepicker controls. Enabled by default. If you type a 2 digit year into a datepicker control it will be converted to the most probable century for the context of the date, e.g. a source calibration year of 16 is interpreted as 2016, a birth year of 04 becomes 2004 whereas a birth year of 52 becomes 1952.
- Some email servers limit email attachments to about 10 MB. Added preference and run-time options to divide PS6 document group print jobs into multiple parts to help meet email attachment limitations. You will still need to compress and encrypt all pdf files, including those divided into multiple parts, prior to sending as email attachments.
- Created and added an OSX automator PDF Compressor for email.app and a custom quartz filter PS email size.qfilter to the PS6 installer. These utilities are located in the folder Plaque Simulator Data/(Hidden Support Files)/(Email Utilities)/. Custom quartz filters are to be placed in the OSX system library PDF Services folder. Drag the .qfilter file into the Library/PDF Services/ folder of your bootup system drive. Drag and drop PDF files created by PS6 onto the PDF Compressor for email.app icon to copy, compress and encrypt the files for sending as email attachments. The encrypted file will appear in the same folder as the original .pdf file with "_for_email" appended to its filename.
- Added custom logo and option to patient files.
- Revised physics window layout to enable a separate %err column (diff between data and lookup table after smoothing) instead of sharing the y data column.
- Added an icon shortcut to the physics window to unlock physics editing.
- Added an icon shortcut to the implant calculator window which opens the preferences window basic settings tab where you set the preferred Rx dose.
- Added option to print directly to .pdf files. Option-clicking print controls bypasses OSX print panel and saves .pdf in the patient folder.
- Revised plaque files menu to group plaques into submenus by type.
- Added image window eye tool snap to zero image rotation.
- Added more tooltips.
- Numerous user guide updates.
Version 6.2.9 11/15/2015
- Added more detailed explanations to several tooltips.
- A right-mouse-click or a deep-force-click on a trackpad now snaps the nearest image calibration ruler control point to the cursor location.
- The CT & US calibration ruler optional angle endpoint is now clipped to the image bounds when dragging the ruler.
- Some minor cosmetic adjustments to the About and Licensing windows.
- Added warnings to license updating when no valid license and/or authorized user has been entered.
- Added a preference setting to propagate Rx date and time changes to all plaques.
- Added detent haptic feedback to gestures and 0.2 second time delay to rotations and translations as they pass through zero alignment points.
Version 6.2.8 11/4/2015
- Compiled with XCode 7.1.
- Updated a lot of the user guide to illustrate most 6.2.8 features.
- Added eye size information and plaque center cordinates to setup document.
- Revised eye size window layout and added some new controls.
- The Image window eye tool style for ultrasound images can now be customized as either axial, meridian or coronal format from the image description sheet accessed from the image button contextual menus.
- The Image window eye tool can now be set independently for US1 and US2.
- A secondary mouse or trackpad click, or deep-pressing a force-touch trackpad under OSX 10.10 and greater, now makes the plaque translucent while dragging in the Setup window.
- Plaque CW and CCW rotation now adjusts to the current view of the plaque.
- Implemented trackpad rotation gestures throughout the program.
- Implemented trackpad pinch magnification gestures throughout the program.
- Implemented magic mouse and trackpad smart magnify gestures throughout the program.
- Revised the source inspector window to provide more information including physics, inventory and dose calculation data for the source. Data for all 4 plaques is now displayed side-by-side to enable quicker comparison of dosimetric options.
- When using the OSX File Open service:
- Limited selecting patients and plaques to files with the appropriate extensions.
- Limited selecting a preferred isodose legend to a file with the appropriate extension.
- Added calibration time as well as date in loading and summary documents.
- Fixed loading of physics files located in multiply nested subfolders.
- Added the NSAppTransportSecurity key NSAllowsArbitraryLoads = YES to the application info.plist file to allow the Sparkle application version updater framework to function under OSX 10.11 El Capitan and XCode 7.
- Revised launch sequence to allow splash screen to be visible when running under OSX 10.11 El Capitan.
- Added single and multiple image file drag and drop to the Image window.
- Single file drag and drop ignores the PS file naming conventions and loads the dragged file into the currently selected image buffer.
- Multiple file drag and drop loads each file into the appropriate image buffer according to the PS file naming conventions.
- Added single image file loading to each image's contextual menu.
- Added image description sheet access to each image's contextual menu (in addition to the prior main image menu's item which applies to the currently active image).
- Added color customization property options to the fundus ruler calibration and to the eye picture meridian compass.
- The fundus calibration ruler appearance now adjusts to image magnification.
- Fixed autolayout constraints for a help label in the radionuclide inventory window.
Version 6.2.7 10/1/2015
- Fixed crashing bug in 6.2.6 when loading a patient file with a 2nd ultrasound image.
- Added clock & toric angle display option to fundus rulers.
- Added optional patient "eye" picture to the image window fundus group.
- Added optional patient "identity" picture to ID window, a thumbnail can be printed on treatment plan page 1 via document preference setting.
Version 6.2.6 9/22/2015
- Recompiled using XCode 7.
- Updated user guide to 6.2.6.
- Added snap to grid to MPR and ultrasound image rulers.
- Added eye size autoadjust button to BEBIG calibration window.
- Enabled ruler clipping in imageset documents.
- Fixed horizontal option-drag and control-drag of plaque and carrier pictures in the plaque loading window.
- Changed double click in document footer to open the institution window instead of the patientID window.
- Added a clear all button to the patientID and institution windows.
- The standard button in the Institution window now resets the user action checkboxes as well as the text fields.
- Fixed nonfunctional merdian plane retina document preference.
- Fixed semi-functional balancing eyelets only retina document preference.
- Revised many preferences window user interface layouts for improved clarity, perceptual consistency and to support the 2nd ultrasound image.
- Improved treatment plan document image layout to make smarter use of the available space on the printed page.
- Improved the print quality of the built-in treatment plan radiation safety survey picture.
- Added a preferences control to clear the treatment plan user customizable picture back to its default state.
- Removed size limits for the treatment plan user customizable picture.
- Added preference options to print the default radiation safety survey and/or a user customizable preference picture on treatment plan page 2 and/or on page 5. This potentially leaves a larger space on page 2 for the fundus image.
- Split page 3 of the treatment plan document into 2 pages to keep the printed images large enough to read clearly. Page 3 now prints up to 5 MPR images and the new page 4 prints up to 2 ultrasound images. The institutional and professional information moves to page 5.
- Enabled the angle option for ultrasound calibration rulers.
- Added support for a 2nd ultrasound image.
- Fixed missing icon for QA document in the misc document preferences.
- Fixed nonfunctional preference setting for dosimetry document which overrides the dosimetry window overlay of meridian and coronal MPR images.
Version 6.2.5 9/3/2015
- Hold down the option-key to maintain the current fundus calibration during fundus ruler tool drag.
- Hold down the control-key to provide live updates of the fundus image in other windows during fundus ruler tool drag.
- Added new buttons to the plane location window which move the planes to intersect the tumor apex.
- Corrected button titles in the plane location window which move planes to intersect the tumor base (had been erroneously titled as tumor apex).
- Fixed bugs related to some regions remaining untinted when printing planar and retinal plots with isodose areal tinting enabled.
- Fixed raster alignment of tinted isodose areas with their bounding isodose lines on retinal diagram plots.
- Minor pixel alignment adjustment of some Rx window toolbar icons.
Version 6.2.4 8/31/2015
- Added representedURL and representedFileName icons and the accompanying OSX file path support to the Patient Setup, Plaque, Image, Isodose Legend and Physics window title bars when the current plan, plaque, image, legend or physics data originated from a disk file.
- Added the OSX representedFilename icon and default file path support to the Image window title bar when the currently selected image is from an existing file.
- Revised the recent patients menu to key on a file's last modification date rather than its last content access date which under the current version of OSX now is the file's url creation date.
- Ruler distance labels located near the edges of a view could become clipped, making determination of the displayed distance confusing. Distance and other label display coordinates are now flexibly constrained to remain fully visible within the enclosing view's bounds.
- The image window MPR group angle button is now only functional when the MPR group ruler is enabled.
- Revised image calibration sheet layouts with more options and explanations.
- Expanded retinal diagram button widths by 1 pixel to better display the OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) system font.
- Revised color preferences panel layout with clearer groupings.
- Added color preference for 2D dosimetry grid lines.
- Fixed bugs in color preferences for muscles, lens and macula.
- Display of the macular region guide on retinal diagram now works properly.
Version 6.2.3 8/9/2015
- Fixed a bug in the physics window so that when editing the dose rate and other physics constants all dosimetry calculations update immediately rather than having to save and reload the physics file.
- Updated the user guide and some built-in help text.
- Split Patient IDS and Institution data entry into separate windows with independent preference settings and menu access.
- Revised layout and added more physics constant cross checks and warning messages to the plaque slot data inspector window.
- Added tumor apex and center coordinates to summary document.
- Added a load all menu item to the image window's MPR/CT group contextual menus.
- Expanded professional information to include contact addresses (e.g. email) and phone number.
- Added institutional and professional information preference presets.
- Added professional contact email info to the bottom of the 2nd page of the treatment plan document.
- Added a 4th page to the treatment plan document listing institutional, professional contact and plan review status information.
- Added planner review & approval checkboxes to the new Institution window with indicators on the new Tx plan document page 4.
- Added Browne 2015 publication in Brachytherapy to user guide references.
Version 6.2.2 6/19/2015
- Fixed the OSX NSNumberFormatter configuration bug that crashed PS after opening a file containing floating point numbers when OSX preferences were configured for a region other than USA.
- Revised all IB files to remove numeric text field regional localizations.
- To assure consistency of user experience and to also assure that PS files can be shared between regions, all floating point representations written and read as text by PS now instruct the OSX NSNumberFormatter API to always use the USA regional representation of #.#, rather than the user's regional preference which might be #,#.
- Added optional 3D display of the PS suture coordinate meridians and chord measurements.
- Added a contextual menu to the Center button in the Retinal Diagram window as a convenience to disable dosimetry plane autotracking.
Version 6.2.1 3/19/2015
- Fixed small memory leak in PS core foundation text display code.
Version 6.2.0 3/5/2015
- Fixed bug that allowed auto dose to repeat indefinitely.
- 2D, 3D, RDAH and DVH dose calculation loops revised to exploit all available processor cores concurrently. This revision of how PS6 calls OSX Grand Central Dispatch (GCD) to manage concurrent dispatch queues (similar to threads) accelerates 2D, 3D and dose histogram calculations by a factor of about 5X on my Mac Pro with a quad core processor and by about 7X on my Mac Pro that has six processor cores compared to the previous PS6 implementation.
- Added Rx lock during background 3D dose calculation.
- Added disc-circle radius distance display and interactive control to the fundus image calibration ruler once the ruler has been calibrated.
- Restored lost icon for histogram document in preferences window.
- Removed dosimetry progress notification and related preference setting since dose calculations are now much faster and GCD asynchronous concurrent dispatch queues can not be effectively aborted.
Version 6.1.9 2/26/2015
- The slot editor window's Misc. group label now indicates if the coordinates refer to the placeholder or to an installed seed.
- Revised the plaque loading window's active plaque to respect the currently active pane when in quad pane display mode and multiple plaques are also enabled.
- Added recognition of the left-right swipe gesture (e.g. magic mouse and trackpads) to cycle pages in the document preview window.
- Added alternative page cycling controls to the document group toolbar of the document preview window to use in case the buttons at the bottom of the window happen to be offscreen, e.g. on a laptop with small screen.
- Revised page cycling icons by 1 pixel.
- Revised the behavior of the page cycling buttons found at the bottom of the document preview window to cycle between all pages of the document group rather than just the currently displayed document.
- Added treated eye indicator to the prescription line of the treatment plan document (in addition to its historic location in the header of every page).
- Enlarged the suture eyelet hole diameter for all 3D printed plaques to 1.7 mm.
- Revised some 3D printed plaque model suture eyelet positions.
- Accelerated asinf() and acosf() domain checks to inline functions.
- Revised initialization of 3D isodose surface opacity from 0.5 to 0.25.
- Revised lower limit of fundus image calibration from 2 mm to 1mm.
- Added a tutorial to the user guide illustrating how to assemble a fundus image collage with optional fluorescein angiography fusion using Photoshop.
- Added a tutorial to the user guide illustrating how to compress and encrypt PDF treatment plan documents for transmission as email attachments (e.g. to send to IsoAid for ordering preloaded plaques).
Version 6.1.8 2/10/2015
- Fixed an obscure bug in which the asinf() function would return NaN and crash the program while dragging a tumor apex close to the posterior pole.
- Added preference setting to print the document group as separate documents instead of as a single combined document. Use this only if you need to break up the large combined pdf file into smaller pieces for sending by email.
- Added automatic naming of print jobs. When printing to a pdf file the filename will default to the patient's initials (plus the document name if printing a single document) instead of "untitled".
Version 6.1.7 2/8/2015
- If you installed version 6.1.6 discard it and discard all iphys6 files immediately.
- Fixed data curve bug in all .iphys6 files in which data for points 10..20 was not saved or loaded correctly. All example physics files have been updated.
- Removed obsolete physics file file creator preference.
- Fixed bug where the image window toolbar gamma mode selection was not being restored after opening a patient file.
Version 6.1.6 2/6/2015
- Fixed a bug in the uniqueID field of the physics window that was not properly converting unicode characters into the required FourCharCode data type.
- Updated all standard .iphys physics files to version 6 xml package .iphys6.
- Added a new option to save and load physics files as packages in xml format which is how all other PS6 files are now managed. Physics file packages in xml format use the extension xxxxxx.iphys6 (instead of the previous xxxxxx.iphys) and have a new file icon.
- To convert a PS5 tab delimited text file (e.g. xxxxxx.iphys) to the new PS6 xml package .iphys6 format:
- In the Plaque Simulator Data folder, create a PS6 ignore folder in which to save the old V5 physics files. PS6 ignores folders whose names are enclosed in () characters. Name the folder something like (Physics Version 5).
- Launch PS6
- Open and unlock the physics window in PS6 using your physics password.
- Select a version 5 file (its path ends in .iphys) from the popup menu.
- Click the Save As... button at the bottom of the physics window.
- In the file navigator, change the file extension from .iphys to .iphys6 and save the new file.
- Quit PS6
- Drag the old .iphys file out of the Physics folder and into the (Physics Version 5) ignore folder. Leave the new .iphys6 file in its place.
- Relaunch PS6, the new .iphys6 file should now be listed in the physics window.
- In the physics window Misc tab, optionally Delete All Checksums to clear the authentication database and then Authenticate All Files to rebuild the authentication checksum database.
- Eliminated all duplicate PS6 xml file reading and writing support functions to simplify future maintenance.
Version 6.1.5 2/1/2015
- Fixed a bug in physics data curve entry of the 12th item pair that incorrectly put the data into the 2nd item pair.
- Enabled E scientific notation in numeric data entry.
- Updated all physics files to properly support the physics enable/disable checkbox setting for individual anisotropy and air correction curves.
- Improved error handling for text characters that are not members of the MacOS Roman character set when encoding text for titles, user names, passwords, documents etc...
- Added preference settings to allow testing of alternate text APIs and encodings such as UTF-8 in addition to MacOS Roman. These new preference settings are only for Eye Physics development and debugging use at this time. The xml files (e.g. patients, plaques, legends) created by PS6 are all UTF-8 encoded and future versions of PS6 may eventually be able to universally support UTF-8 throughout the entire program.
- Improved scrollview intrinsic initialization to address a curious behavior of Xcode autolayout that would spuriously erase some scrollview contents when PS was launched under OSX 10.8 and on certain laptops with small screens.
- Added a sample physics file for IsoAid IAPd-103A seeds using the TG43 data from the IsoAid technical data sheet for the IAPd-103A. Note: the data used for the PS scatter, COMS silicone carrier attenuation and air scatter correction extensions to TG43 that is found in all PS default Pd-103 seed physics files was copied from the I-125 examples. PS is delivered with various example physics files based on consensus publications and/or manufacturer supplied TG43 data sheets. These published sources do not usually include data for the PS extensions to TG43. Also, newer and possibly more accurate TG43 radial dose and anisotropy function data for distances close to the seeds that has been derived from Monte Carlo modeling may be available. Primarily for logistical reasons, Eye Physics does not recommend the use of Pd-103 or Cs-131 seeds for eye plaques. The shorter half lives of Pd-103 (17 days) and Cs-131 (9.7 days) compared to I-125 (60 days) are biologically irrelevant in the case of temporary implants and are dosimetrically at a logistical disadvantage should the originally planned surgery have to be rescheduled once a plaque has been assembled, sterilized and delivered.
Version 6.1.3 12/21/2014
- Added licensing instructions for distributors.
- Added isodose legend copy and paste.
- Preferences window now updates when a patient file is loaded.
- Added document preference settings to patient .iplan files.
- Added option to hide optic nerve in planar dosimetry.
- Changed the QA_Check for BEBIG Ru plaques to compare directly with the central axis calibration measurement at 6 mm decayed to the implant date and duration, result will typically be within 2 percent.
- Added support in multiple plaque mode to Rx to different tumors.
- Improved user interface, options and documents for treatments that employ multiple plaques and/or multiple tumors.
- Fixed crashing bug in the plaque tesselate for export mode.
- Added optional lower resolution "F" versions with about 4X faster shell attenuation ray tracing for the EP2031P,EP2029NP,EP2342P,EP2340NP (xxxxF.iplq6) plaque files.
Version 6.1.2 12/2/2014
- Changed the demonstration and evaluation licensing conditions (EULA) to better protect Eye Physics.
- Widened some text fields in the licensing window to handle longer names.
- Added bundle path, OSX version and current date to licensing window to help debug licensing problems (e.g. should the user's computer date be set incorrectly).
- Added screen capture instructions to the licensing window .rtf files.
Version 6.1.1 11/21/2014
- Adjusted document preview window check box locations to better align with the new OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) toolbar font size.
- Revised scrollview updates at launch for better compatibility with the OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) window initialization sequence.
- Window initializations also work properly with OSX 10.9 (Mavericks).
- Some windows still have scrollview initialization issues when launching under OSX 10.8 (Mtn Lion) that can currently be worked around by manually resizing the windows.
- Numeric text fields in the inventory editing sheet now update when exiting the sheet without first hitting the return key to accept a change.
- Corrected plaque position lock and carrier lock states for all the COMSxxxxNP.iplq6 files.
- Revised appearance parameters in some .iplq6 files.
- Revised some transitions and displays between single vs multiple plaque and single vs multiple tumor modes.
- Changing a plaque now includes the setup appearance window in its update messages.
Version 6.1.0 11/10/2014
- User guide updates.
- Fixed the missing contextual menu attached to the image window fundus button.
- Revised the fundus image descriptions for clarity.
- Switching between left and right eye models now updates the orientation of the fundus image ruler's pole and disc coordinate markers.
- Based on multiple publication results, changed the default universal scalar dose calibration factor for ROPES plaques from 1.0 to 0.96 (found in the shell editor parameters sheet) so that ROPES plaque users can use the T scatter modifier for other purposes. ROPES users should now use the PS default of disabling the T modifier.
- When running under a full use license (available from IsoAid) all plaques are supported for saving and printing.
- When running under a limited use license:
- Outside of the North America distribution territory, using the PS supplied models of BEBIG Ru and BEBIG distributed COMS plaques requires a BEBIG license to save files or print.
- Outside of the North America distribution territory, using the PS supplied models of EP plaques requires an Eye Physics or IsoAid license to save files or print.
- Using the PS supplied models of ROPES plaques does not currently require a license.
- Using the PS supplied models of Trachsel COMS plaques does not currently require a license.
- User created custom plaque models do not currently require a license.
- Added multiple plaque manufacturer and distributor limited use licensing.
- Added picture based .iplq6 plaque files for actual BEBIG COMS plaques sizes 12 to 20 mm.
- Added built-in BEBIG COMS plaque models for sizes 12 to 20 mm.
- Added option for multiple CT image window rulers (up to 4) and image ruler properties sheet.
- Fixed color space bug converting NSColor objects sent from color well controls in several windows and sheets into OpenGL RGB colors.
- Updated the EP2031P, EP2029P, EP2342P and EP2340NP plaque files by about 0.1 mm based on some new measurements.
- Added option for multiple rulers (up to 8) to the dosimetry and retina windows with enhanced properties (e.g. arrowhead tips). You can now double click on a ruler to open the ruler properties sheet.
- Revised document headers and footers for anonymized plans.
- Added a plaque document option to create a plaque slot labeling template that can be used to enter source strength, slot measurements, etc...
Version 6.0.9 9/21/2014
- Reenabled simultaneous calculation of face collimation and slot collimation for some EP plaques.
- Added new appearance options to the interactive ruler properties in the planar dosimetry and retinal diagram windows. Access ruler properties from the ruler button contextual menu or by double clicking on a ruler.
- Rulers now appear on the planar dosimetry and retinal diagram documents.
- Fixed dragging of custom points of interest with invisible marks.
- Updated the EP917P, USC9P, EP2249P and EP517P plaque files by about 0.05 mm based on some newer thickness measurements (only available by downloading the complete PS installer/updater package).
- Updated USC#9 and EP917 built-in standard models by about 0.05 mm.
- Note to users: the USC#9 and EP917 plaques are similar looking but are different castings and have different slot depths.
- Added response to Aryal paper to user guide.
- Added some recently published reference pdf files to user guide.
Version 6.0.8 8/20/2014
- Added peripapillary and tall tumor case studies to user guide.
- Added DVH/RDAH document settings to the patient setup file.
- Individual DVH/RDAH document preferences and settings are now maintained for each plaque & dosimetry instance.
- Added a plaque document preference setting to print slot index #s and source strength. Print this document if the plaque does not fit on the QA document.
- Fixed some DVH/RDAH preferences window axes and calc. range user interface bugs.
Version 6.0.7 8/16/2014
- Due to numerous text rendering differences between the core text and core graphics text APIs, the use of core text APIs is now a preference option that defaults to disabled. This option should remain disabled until such time as core graphics text is no longer supported in some future OSX version.
Version 6.0.6 8/13/2014
- Improved precision of plaque window rulers.
- Added a revised version of the EP917P plaque file to the full download package that shifts seed axes to 0.2 mm from the plaque face (had been 0.4 mm) and offsets the plaque face 0.2 mm away from the sclera based on new measurements of the current plaque castings.
- Fixed updating of the plaque from the slot editor window when the editing options change control group is set to selected slots or all slots.
- Fixed ROPES 15 mm notched plaque seed angles.
- Fixed updating of Rx dose bumper arrows in implant calculator.
- Enabled setup window to grow to and beyond 720p video size.
- Added setup window size indicator to movie window.
- Added password warning message to licensing window.
- Addressed several OSX 10.9 API deprecations. When running on OSX 10.9 or greater PS now substitutes:
- Core Text methods for Core Graphics text methods.
- AVFoundation methods for QTKit methods (movies are saved as .m4v files).
- PS native methods for OpenGL glu library functions.
Version 6.0.5 8/4/2014
- Implemented a workaround for autolayout window blanking just after launch on OSX 10.8.5
- Window zoom, pan and resizing functions do a better job of keeping the region of interest being viewed centered in the clipview for both single and multi-pane layouts.
- Fixed issues with dragging and rotating tumors on the retinal diagram when in quad-pane layout.
- Added OSX notification message tracking option to the log window and preferences to help with analyzing autolayout behavior on OSX 10.8.
- Relocated all licensing and authorized users out of the preferences class and into the new license class which has its own file. So... if you are upgrading, this change requires reentering your license and user names and passwords, sorry for the inconvenience.
- Added license class to centralize all licensing related data.
- Suppressed check for normal termination of previous launch on 1st launch after a new installation.
- Added statistics class to track usage statistics such as program launch count.
Version 6.0.4 7/18/2014
- Updated user guide.
- Added login info. to the About window.
- Added additional login info. to patient files.
- Added the OSX login user to the document footer so plan creator and home folder of files can be further documented.
- Faster quad-pane mode isodose line labels.
Version 6.0.3 7/17/2014
- In quad-pane mode isodose line labels will include units (e.g. Gy,cGy,mGy) if the panes use different legend settings.
- Fixed the slot editor window Misc controls box end coordinates display.
- PS now logs normal termination and upon subsequent launch will offer to open the autosave file if the program did not exit gracefully (e.g. due to power outage, crash, force quit) from its previous session.
Version 6.0.2 7/14/2014
- Fixed a bug where repetitive DVH and RDAH calculations were not reinitializing the histogram between repetitions.
- The histogram auto-range function now uses the 2D retina dosimetry matrix (if one has been previously calculated) as a hint to optimize the histogram calculation and plot ranges.
Version 6.0.1 7/13/2014
- Fixed crashing bug when image bias & gain settings were overdriven.
- This release will be the last 6.0.0 version.
- Added 'Check for updates...' item to the Plaque Simulator application menu.
- Added 'Automatically check for updates...' controls to the Plaque Simulator preferences.
- Added appcast.xml file to the EyePhysics web site.
- Added and code-signed (for Mavericks) the Sparkle app updating framework.
- Revised the isodose legend window control layout to better indicate that legends are plaque specific and moved the legend window's isodose units control to the bottom of the window to match the layout configuration in the planar dosimetry and retina windows.
- Fixed incorrect label 'macula (posterior pole)' in Tx Plan page 2 to read Fovea.
- Fixed drawing of COMS chord PT on diagram.
- Fixed bugs relating to sharing PS across multiple OSX users.
- Updated online and included user guide.
- Updated QA and tutorial files in download.
- Changed planar and retina toolbar control titles from dose matrix to plaque for consistency.
- Removed option to unLock matrix sets from plaques to reduce complexity.
- Moved TAX Rxs from tumor record to Rx globals in patient file.
- Moved TAX and CAX normals from legend record to Rx globals in patient file.
- Each plaque now has its own isodose legend, custom Rx coordinates, CAX and TAX Rx and normalization distance globals.
- Improved OpenGL texture rendering of tumor edges.
- Revised Rx labeling priority in RDAH document.
- Fixed updating of point of interest window Rx and normalization radio controls.
- Some Rx point options were not being saved to the patient file.
- Added Eye Physics EULA and updated disclaimers and contact info.
- Added T-Mer overlay and more std models to eye size window.
- Revised image window tumor tool behavior to set the T-meridian tumor angle.
- Added T-meridian tumor angle preference and eye model settings to help PS decide how to rotate the meridian dosimetry plane to match the T-Mer. image when autocentering.
- Improved single to multi-pane window transitions.
- Added more control tooltips.
- More explicit Yes/No alert descriptions.
- Added administrator password to access licensing and authorized user creation.
- Added large tumor tutorial to user guide.
- Names containing the key word 'tutorial' are no longer anonymized.
- Fixed extraneous ) in label in Std tumor sheet.
- Updated the installer sample image sets.
- Revised treatment plan page 3 document options label from coronal image to equatorial image.
- Multiple image loader now launches from option-click on any image button.
- Added alert if trying to overwrite an existing image.
- Added 'clear all images' to image button contextual menus.
- Added more control tooltips.
- Added authorized user to saved files.
- Added authorized user preference setting.
- Added authorized user login.
- Added list of authorized user names and optional login passwords to licensing window.
- Copying a calibration to other MPR images now also copies the ruler position.
- Improved response of all windows to changes in image enhancement settings.
- Added image size and calibration info to image status line and description sheet.
- Added a fill tint to the MPR ruler hinge handle when angle display is enabled.
- Oblate tumor dimensions now have their own column in the std tumor sheet.
- Std tumor sheet revised to always display and input spherical tumor dimensions.
- Increased diameter of image enhancement knobs.
- Added plaque file EP2025P_AB to the installation download. This is the model 2025 plaque with eyelets A&B selected as the balancing eyelets (instead of A&D) and the plaque rotated 90 degrees. Use this plaque file for tumors up to 15 mm diameter located anteriorly between the ora and the limbus.
- When electing to "Save as..." a plaque that was loaded from a patient package, the save path now defaults to the plaque title and the parent of the patient package rather than saving the plaque back into the patient package.
- Revised opening of patient files to avoid initializing their plan status as changed.
- Improved support for opening patient files from drag & drop and OS messages.
- Fixed several 3D axes window buttons.
- Fixed center on tumor base and apex menu titles.
- Revised plaque location and carrier locks in plaque location window.
- Increased slot tessellation buffer size in export mode.
- Improved updating when changing from single to multi 3D isodose surfaces.
- Added seed coordinate conversion for version 5 plaques that used the now deprecated pattern alpha and beta group rotation parameters.
- Added numerous file searching, saving and other error messages to the log.
- Streamlined and fixed bug in plaque tesselate for export.
- Updated initial physics authentications in download.
- Changing inventory and patient database preferences no longer requires restart.
- Revised modal dialog sheets to use [NSWindow beginCriticalSheet:completionHandler:] when running under OSX 10.9 Mavericks (and beyond) vs [NSApp beginSheet:modalForWindow:modalDelegate:didEndSelector:contextInfo:] under OSX 10.8.
- At startup PS now determines which OSX version the program is running on.
- Removed confusing display of COMS chords for the current tumor when the std tumor sheet is active.
- Std tumor preview is now tinted orange for clarity.
- Fixed std tumor sheet "show" button.
- Added 6 std tumor sheet position options.
- Reduced size of std tumor sheet.
- Added dispatch heartbeat monitor to PSLog window.
- Fixed image and plaque bugs when saving an imported version 5 patient file as version 6.
- Added magenta edge bevel vectors to shell editor and lip editor.
- Improved lip editor updating of the plaque.
- Improved OpenGL 3D texturing of tumor beyond fundus image borders.
- Revised treatment plan and QA document alert and warning colors for consistency.
- Added QAPoint/QACheck ratio alert threshold to preferences.
- Added EP1821_24P plaque file to installer.
- Improved available space estimation algorithm for QA Check doc.
- Revised shell editor plaque parameters sheet layout.
- Removed obsolete penumbra dosimetry parameters.
- Removed obsolete plaque specular coefficient parameter.
- Added prefs option for plaque picture on QA check doc.
- Added 16 level plaque movement and 3D view change undo.
- Added lock indicator to carrier rotation control.
- Keyboard plaque rotation direction during dragging is now reversed in the retina window.
- Plaques now automatically balance eyelets during dragging until the option key or one of the rotation keys (control or command) is pressed.
- Improved orientation, updating and responsiveness when dragging and moving a plaque.
- Fixed source copy and paste in plaque window and edit menu.
- Added option to copy seed coordinates to clipboard.
- Added duration and dose rate warnings to treatment plan.
- Added dose rate warning preferences.
- Removed the PS/COMS control from the Rx window toolbar since it was obsolete and not doing anything useful any more.
- Updated all EP and ROPES plaque files to disable T modifier.
- Fine tuned Rx and Retina window startup sizes.
- Added user customizable tumor margins and margin editor cursor mode.
- Revised icons and fixed controls in movie window.
- 3D dose matrix is no longer invalidated when dragging plaque in setup.
- Added preference setting to automatically open PatientIDs window after naming the patient when loading images.
- Revised summary document and added QA document.
- Updated beta download to V6 user guide.
- EULA updates - still need final EULAs from distributors.
- Added setup rotation to patient file.
- Added customization of ruler colors.
- Planar and retina ruler coordinates are now saved to the patient file.
- Added independent rulers for meridian and coronal planes.
- Added option to only label plaque slots that contain sources.
- Physics g(r) attenuation lookup tables are now renormalized to 1.0 at 10 mm when moving average smoothing is enabled, had been about 0.9996.
- Fixed controls in group pattern editor.
- Fixed arc length field in lip editor.
- Fixed radio button spacing in eyelet editor.
- Improved user interface behavior of suture eyelet editor.
- Added QA check at 6 mm on CAX, calculated as isotropic point source in water.
- Added QA point at 6 mm on CAX to page 2 of treatment plan, normal calc.
- Revised plaque offset and axes appearance windows to allow both the eye and plaque reference frames to be displayed simultaneously.
- Revised Rx point titles and icons for clarity.
- Added label to 3D dose normalization point.
- Fixed missing space before POI name in Rx menu.
- Frame of reference icons added.
- Fixed carrier attenuation for offset and wobbled COMS plaques.
- Consolidated plaque CAX coordinate calculations.
- Fixed updating of retina window capture document.
- Fixed loading of bad plaque files with seed alpha > 90 deg.
- Added option to show the 3D axes in the plaque frame of reference.
- Improved 3D updating when dragging plaque on eye.
- Better placement of 3D Rx label.
- Patient IDs are now updated whenever the PatientID windows resigns key.
- Revised EP2031P and EP2029N plaque files.
- Fixed slot editor window not updating plaques correctly.
- Fixed dragging and rotating sources in the plaque window.
- Added meridian labeling options to suture eyelet menus.
- Added background tint to Rx and total strength lines of Tx plan document.
- Fixed uninitialized text string in Tx plan document.
- Added a pale green translucent border to the brown tumor margin lines on the retinal diagram to make the margin easier to distinguish.
- Fixed retina document multiple isodose overlay preference.
- Improved smoother drawing of medium and thick isodose lines.
- Fixed broken printing of a single document.
- Fixed initialization of isodose plots when loading patient files in which plaque 2,3, or 4 is the active plaque.
- When a plaque's custom name is empty, changed titling 2nd choice from filename (e.g. Plaque 1) to model (e.g. EP2031P).
- Added Rx to treatment plan page1.
- Added radionuclide name to treatment plan page1.
- Changed axis marker to 18mm diameter Duckworth and Kent model 9-841.
- Corrected IAI-125 model from inline to cylindrical marker.
- Fixed g(r) point data bug when saving physics files.
- Improvements to inventory alert and dialog sheet.
- Anonymization methods improved and extended to inventory and predicate editor.
- Fixed control initialization and labeling in CAX sheet.
- Ocular labels in setup are now billboarded.
- Added a Rx point label to the 3D setup view.
- Fixed bugs related to saving the tumor apex, calculating a tumor axis Rx point, and updating the optional tumor axis dose table when the tumor apex was dragged off-center.
- Added .plist tag to preference file name.
- Improved plaque window document.
- Improved eye tool logic for US images.
- Corrected description for image document preferences.
- Fixed bug that crashed tables and summary document page 2.
- Removed obsolete patAlpha and patBeta parameters from plaque files.
- Reviewed all preferences numeric formatters.
- Fixed possible physics password bug.
- Fixed profile preferences bugs.
- Added profile labels to setup.
- Custom POI and profile text styles are now correctly loaded from patient files.
- Fixed POI & profile sheet label name bug.
- Added POI clear buttons.
- Changed to use plaque title instead of model in all documents.
- Removed obscuring patch strength from BEBIG plaque pictures in documents.
- Document preview home button now fits to paper.
- Document preview options and preplan now work when in the toolbar overflow.
- Fixed RD and planar isodose label spread slider.
- Fixed prefs button in POI window.
- Enabled view menu home item for Rx window context.
- Changed eye size window's standard proportional button from apaxis to equator.
- Fixed unimplemented retina menu balance item.
- Increased buffer size for NSString to C string conversions.
- Fixed spelling of highlight in lip editor.
- Fixed transmission and reserved fields in shell editor param sheet.
- Added user preference for time delay until dosimetry progress window appears.
- Added user customizable plaque names.
- Added axial overlay to eye size window.
- Eye and dosimetry window colors change when overlaying images.
- Added 3D translucency settings to .iplan files.
- Fixed bug in shell collimation ray trace for EP plaques.
- Fixed bug where eye size remained locked after 3D dose calculation.
- Eliminated redundant functions from Plaque Menu.
- Eliminated redundant functions from Setup Menu.
- Eliminated redundant functions from Rx Menu.
- Fixed a crashing bug introduced in 2/25 revsion.
- Added nerve collision warning to treatment plan.
- Fixed crashing bug introduced previous revsion.
- Added nerve collision warning to treatment plan.
- Pluralized setup window buttons: muscles, profiles.
- Fixed radio button matrix spacing in points window.
- Add properties contextual menu to planar dosimetry profile buttons.
- Fixed a memory bug that could crash PS when doing 3D calcs.
- Added 3D calc. valid indicator to plaque status line.
- Dose surface display buttons in Setup now also launch calculations if needed.
- Added preferred duration to preferences - sets button title in Rx window.
- Fixed bugs related to dosimetry of wobbled plaques.
- Fixed projections of wobbled plaques on the retina diagram.
- Fixed cutting of slots into wobbled plaques.
- Simplified shell collimation to always use the generic algorithm.
- Fixed dosimetry bug with wobbled plaques.
- Fixed optimization window updating bugs.
- Added preference to display dose calc elapsed times.
- Added 3D display of rays from seeds to optimization point.
- Revised TAX Rx sheet label to inner sclera instead of retina.
- Revised window resizing limits for planar dosimetry and retina windows.
- Added 3rd page to retina document so can print both clock and degree versions.
- Fixed bug re printing 2nd page of retina document.
- Added option of pictures of Whitman Axis Marker tool settings to retinal diagram.
- Added preference option for retinal diagram meridian units as CCW degrees (instead of clock hours) to support Bausch+Lomb Whitman Axis Marker tool model E2430.
- Added anonymize to image window menu (in addition to tool).
- BEBIG calibration window now respects plaque lock status.
- Added clear function to file search predicate editor.
- Added update function to file search predicate editor. PS now can find patients that have been reorganized within the patients folder.
- Delete key now deletes selection in inventory window.
- Updated date formatter init methods for OSX 10.9.
- Revised text field coordinates for autolayout in inventory window.
- Fixed spelling of latitude in std tumor sheet.
- Added eye size warning to BEBIG calibration window.
- Revised models for BEBIG COE, COC and COD plaques.
- Revised BEBIG CGD menu icon.
- Lock plaque postion and offset windows during dose calcs.
- Fixed crashing NAN bug in muscle coordinates when eye diameter becomes small.
- Converted all trig and other math functions to float variant for speed boost.
- Revised legend files to include better support normalization points.
- Revised the Ru surface simulated annealing algorithm to eliminate false hot spots by calculating a surface point 1mm above each patch and interpolating the expected dose rate at that point from the measured data.
- Revising Ru calibration window and tutorials.
- Added surface measurement defaults for all BEBIG plaques based on data sheet examples.
- Fixed initialization of progress dialog.
- Accelerated dose calcs, especially for Ru plaques, by caching physics data.
- Fixed problems in the BEBIG plaque calibration manual calibration tab.
- Fixed problems in the BEBIG plaque calibration surface measurements tab.
- Fixed problems in the BEBIG plaque calibration central axis tab.
- Fixed bug in the plaque loading document that shifted plaque picture wrong direction.
- Added and revised some menu item icons.
- Fixed bugs in the hour,minute,second text fields of the standard tumor dialog sheet.
- Added COMS measurements to the standard tumor dialog sheet.
- Improved plotting of COMS chord DT to be more accurate.
- Updated physics window and resources to use the correct Greek symbols.
- Fixed various updating bugs in the slot editor window.
- Added alert re using tumor autocorrect with a single fundus image.
- Improvements to the landmark user interface.
- Revised retina window layout and statline display.
- Fixed false alert of file changed when saving files.
- Fixed incorrect initialization of inventory seed count.
- Landmarks can be individually named and grouped as either arteries, veins or user defined.
- Retina dose area histograms are now calculated for the 3 landmark groups.
- Landmark geometry can set as a blood vessel or a retinal surface patch.
- Landmark user interface enhancements.
- Landmarks are now saved in patient file.
- Fixed potential memory leak for fundus image.
- QA testing proceeding.
- User guide revisions in progress.
- QA testing proceeding.
- We are using PS6 for all Eye Physics client treatment planning now.
- User guide revisions in progress.
- Port to Cocoa for OSX 10.8 done.
- QA testing and user guide are in progress.
- Port to Cocoa for OSX 10.8 almost done.
- Treatment planning & documents are running.
- Port to Cocoa for OSX 10.8 proceeding.
- Loading and saving of physics files complete.
- Physics window (all tabs) complete.
- Seed inventory window and editors complete and attached to SQLite database.
- Eye size window complete.
- Retinal diagram functional.
- OpenGL 3D rendering and textures functional.
- Menus functional and menu bar is now keyed to windows.
- Application and individual window updating timers functional.
- Timer based inter-window updating dispatch system functional.
- Port to Cocoa for OSX 10.8 proceeding. Nearly the entire user interface is running now in cocoa.
- Mac Pro 4,1 development system updated to OSX 10.8.2 running on new hard drives.
- Installation of XCode 4.5.1 complete.
- Begin port to Cocoa.