The plaque loading appearance window is opened by clicking the appearance button located along the bottom of the Plaque window. In this window you can customize the appearance of the model and adjust the opacity settings for many of the components of the 3D model as it appears in the Plaque window.
The menus and buttons of this window modify the appearance of a plaque in ways which may be of interest when designing new plaques, preparing figures for publication and/or capturing screen images for educational purposes. The settings are stored in the plaque file.
Upper controls group:
- Plaque - selects the 3D rendering method of the plaque.
- Slots - selects the 3D rendering method of the slots in a plaque.
- Sources - selects the 3D rendering method of the radionuclide sources.
- Placeholders - selects the 3D rendering method of the source placeholders. Options include as a cylinder or as lines with pen widths of 1, 3 or 5 pixels. The placeholder cylinder width is a slot editor parameter. When the source opacity is set to zero, PS switches to a fast 2D projection of the cylindrical placeholders in the plaque loading window and in document diagrams. Lines and 2D projections are slightly faster to draw on less powerful cpus, while cylinders are sometimes easier to see.
- Label eyelets - labels the suture eyelets.
- Show picture - enables embedded pictures of the plaque face and carrier to be displayed.
- Show BC points - plots the BEBIG surface points.
- Label BC points - labels the BEBIG surface points.
Plot appearance group:
- Line width - The line width for ruler axes and tick marks. Defaults to 1 pixel. When Auto window and font scaling is enabled, or when magnifying the window content, this value represents the minimum line width.
Plaque opacity group:
The sliders in this group modify the opacity of the indicated object. An opacity of 1.0 is completely opaque, 0 is entirely translucent, 0.5 blends the object and background equally.
- Shell - Shell opacity.
- Eyelet - Eyelet opacity.
- Face - Face opacity.
- Carrier (or Slots) - Seed carrier (or slot) opacity depending on the type of plaque.
- Sources - Source opacity.
- Standard - resets controls to their default startup values.
- Seed placeholders - the thickness of line used to draw the placeholders that represent empty locations into which radionuclide sources can be installed.