Horos and OsiriX are DICOM listeners and viewers that can manipulate 3-D data sets and export reconstructions of axial, equatorial and sagittal planes which bisect the affected eye as .jpg files. Other reconstructions of interest are the meridian and coronal planes which intersect the tumor apex. OsiriX predates Horos but is now a paid, FDA approved product. Horos (son of Osiris) is derived from the same code base as OsiriX but is free to use. The user interfaces are nearly identical.
These 5 reconstructions will be imported into Plaque Simulator and used to measure the size and shape of the eye and, in conjunction with ultrasound images and fundus photos, to determine the tumor size, shape and location within the eye.
To install Horos:
- Download Horos and install it on your MacOSX computer.
- Horos (version 4.0.0 and greater) is a free 64-bit application that will run under MacOS 10.15 Catalina and subsequent versions of MacOS.
To install OsiriX:
- Download OsiriX and install it on your MacOSX computer.
- The paid version of OsiriX is an FDA approved 64 bit application that will run under MacOS 10.15 Catalina.
- The free OsiriX Lite is a 32-bit application and is not compatible with MacOS 10.15 Catalina and subsequent versions of MacOS which require 64 bit applications.