The implant calculator is used to determine either the duration of an implant for a given implant date and seed strength, or the seed strength required for a given implant date and duration.
The δ parameter indicates how closely the solution approximates the desired target dose for the indicated duration.
Auto update: For advanced users, when enabled, you can run a sequence of calculations for different prescription doses by entering the initial Rx dose in the Deliver field and then using the bumper arrows to change the dose by increments of 1 Gy. The required time or source strengths (according to the selected auto update mode) will be calculated and saved to the history listing from where it can be copied to the clipboard.
1. In the Plaque window, load the plaque with sources normalized to 1.0 at the time of implant. For example, most of the sources might be 1 mCi, but a few might be 0.5, 2.0 mCi and so on. The source strength solution will maintain the initial relative distribution of normalized strengths.
2. In the Prescription window:
3. In the implant calculator window:
4. In the implant calculator window:
5. The plaque will update with the new source strengths.
6. The prescription window will update, note that the Rx point background color changes from red to green indicating that the prescription has been achieved.
1. In the Plaque window, load the plaque with sources of fixed strength and calibration date (e.g. 3.5 mCi on the date of implant).
4. The prescription window will update, note that the Rx point background color changes from red to green indicating that the prescription has been achieved.